Thursday, May 08, 2008

Spices and Condiments

So life is picking up, becoming interesting. I love my yoga classes. By the way, I missed two classes (the first time it was my fault, the second time, it was work and I didn't have no choice) and I discovered that missing yoga without informing the instructor beforehand is not a good idea. I went yesterday and he was furious with me in that quietly Zen way of his.

"Well, well, well," he said, when I rocked up smiling. "You said you wanted a detox class and I did one and you were not there." Pause. I looked at the floor. I didn't have any excuse. I didn't wake up for yoga class because I was out partying till six in the morning. I didn't wake up till noon the next day. And my class was 10.30. You see what I mean?

(Note to self: No more late nights out on Saturday. As long as I have Sunday morning class)

Then on Tuesday I had to go to Bukit Jalil as Zafrul was giving a speech. He was addressing the Yayasan Tun Razak, that is these bright young specially selected youngsters (18-year-olds) from all over the country. He was pretty good. He engaged with the crowd and those kids were lovely. They were bright and enthusiastic and funny and their energy just spilled over.

Although I was not too thrilled to be missing yoga again, I was kinda glad I went (or was forced to go). Those kids were just the antidote I needed for a day of bad and worse news which had me angry and heartbroken and confused at the same time.

The thing about bad news is you are not supposed to let it get you down. You're supposed to hold on to the dream, despite the surrounding chaos and destruction.

I just got a call from a friend. I recommended her company for a project not too long ago (remember that I'm the hook-up girl and I hook people up?) and she called to tell me that they got the account. And they want to give me a finder's fee. I was blown away. I've helped and introduced many people to potential funders or clients. This is the first time anyone has come back to me like this.

It's the thought.

It makes me feel so good.

No comments: