Thursday, January 20, 2022

Sorting through the debris

One part of my life ends, the next has not begun. In the meantime, I unearth emails from a forgotten past:

Dearestest Nitsy Poo,

I love your emails - they give me a snippet of you - (and you do realise you're beginning to sound like Gloria, right? I love you too, papi, haha).

Right now am stressed doing work I should have finished weeks ago. But didn't.

As for pain, it is almost non-existent...although that part is tender and I don't quite chow down on it. Just had lunch with Sharon Tan and Leni from the US embassy, with Anna...they brought me one of those comment forms and a pencil and since I like writing letters, I asked each individual at the table for their comments and wrote it all down in a nicely worded letter. Anna read said letter and pointed out that dessert has two S's. I only put one. Which made it the Sahara and not sweet things.

I saw Hamdan yesterday and he mentioned you...I said yes, I saw the pix and did you guys catch up over wine and he looked appropriately shocked (Hamdan? Wine?) and said no, at a conference. He wants to take Addy and me out for a movie on Monday, sort of like the old days because he's spending a lot more time in KL.

I have two stories to write, one to clear, people to call, things to do, but it's darkish outside and what I really really want to do is curl up on some convenient sofa with a good, delicious book and snooze over it...

Whatcha think?

Jenn-Jenn

No comments: