Monday, April 12, 2010

My New Best Friend

One little pink goodnight
and I'm floating over my body
trying to absorb the intricacies
of financing the roads we travel
the highways
the byways
and the little roads between.

My own road story
to be written by talking to
cotton heads nodding over
glasses of water
or sneezing over
dusty reports
churning out words
I don't care to read.

Not like Kerouac
who took off on his own journey
who imbibed the necessary
I want some of that
I want to drink
and write
and drink
and write

and hang by a thread

and fall

and fall

and fall

and fall...

I'd like to make myself believe
that planet Earth turns slowly
it's hard to say I'd rather stay awake
when I'm asleep
cos everything is never as it seems


And Kerouac told me to
Accept loss forever
Loss? I can't feel it now
Pain? I can't feel it now
I'm in the air looking on
at the body scored and riven
wondering what it's going to feel like
to crash all the way back down

down

down

down

I'll set my alarm now.

Goodnight.

No comments: