Tuesday, January 05, 2021

A setback

Yesterday was a busy day, for all that it was a holiday. I met with friends for a lunch which lingered and meandered for hours. Then I met with a contact for tea (he was giving me bits of a story). Then I met another friend for dinner and this too, since we had not met each other for two years, lingered and meandered. By the time I got home, I was way behind on the steps, only managing to come in at the midnight mark which just enough to continue my streak but nothing above.

Nothing loth, I continued to watch the episode of 100 days my prince and walk, giving me about nearly 2,000 steps before I went to bed. But again, it was a tossing, turning night and in the morning, I simply refused to stir until noon. Luckily Rose came so she fed the cats. Then she dragged me out to buy cat food (wet food and biscuits), poopy sand, toothpaste and I added some facial cotton because I use these to clean Boom Boom's ringworm-affected area (although Rose did that today and gave her her meds, for which I was profoundly grateful, Boom Boom not being quite as docile when I'm trying to stuff pills down her throat or spray the affected area with a cleaning agent which I have to keep on for 10 minutes, before rubbing it off with aforementioned facial cotton) and using a cotton bud to dab on the medicated cream. 

Anyway my weight crept up today. I walked up and surveyed the scale feeling tired and blue but realised that I can't let this faze me.

Which is why I am writing this post. 

To remind myself to keep on keeping on.

Later for you.

No comments: