Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Once More Into The Fray

I'm back from yoga and in a slightly surreal space. I wonder how Richard manages to trip so lightly through life. He is so disciplined with his practice but he doesn't seem to sweat the small stuff. Or any stuff. Heck, I've never seen that guy sweat. Like ever. Which is weird in a yoga context.

I, on the other hand, have all sorts of things lying heavy on my heart. Which I just can't seem to shake.

And sometimes, when I'm tossing and turning, in the furnace of the night, I wonder...

Things are changing very quickly and part of me wants to get swept up in the tides and part of me wants to get my bearings and part of me wants to step out to the sidelines and just watch.

Ever have I been the spectator.

The solitary dreamer.

The one who writes the story.

But is seldom a part of it.

And now?

5 comments:

Nessa said...

I would much rather watch. I really don't like this being part of everyday life bit. People actually expect a response.

Jenn said...

Nessa...don't tempt me, you know how I cop out of life ALL THE TIME!

bo said...

since you're already quite the character, you may as well be in the story.

Jenn said...

Thank you my dear. I will consider. Only if you consent to be part of it as well...

bo said...

consent consented!