Saturday, August 09, 2008

There Is A Crack In Everything God Made

Look at me.

Look closer.

Right deep into my eyes.

See the crack?

Yes, it's been there for so long now. Tired of trying to hold it together.

Everything crumbles. Everything fades. Everything tastes of ashes.

See the crack?

I don't remember when it got there. But I feel it at the centre of my being.

See the crack? I'm Humpty Dumpty and you can't put me together again. I'm Alice in a Wonderland falling through the hole. Slick walls. I cannot hold on.

You can't help me.

Nobody can.

I know you want to protect me, but you can't.

Nobody can.

There is a crack, a crack in evertyhing
That is how the light gets in
That is how the light gets in
That is how the light gets in...

2 comments:

bo said...

who said anything about wanting to put you back together again? no matter how many pieces you find yourself in, no matter how many winds scatter them, they are each of them, cracked and broken, loved.

or, to put it another way: i love you and your crack. nooch. :-P

Jenn said...

Haha Bo. Trust you to make that crack!

Which is why I love you.