Thursday, July 24, 2008

Time To Move On

I brace myself for the inevitable and still, when it comes, I feel sad.

Lost in the silence.

You look at me. You look through me.

It's as if I'm no longer there.

Perhaps I never was.

You need me like a fish needs a bicycle.

Yes, that was what I wanted. I wanted you to make it on your own. Without me. And still, it's hard to let you go.

There is so little left between us and soon, even that will pass.

Thank you for what you have given me. I forgive you for what you have done to me. And I know you will forgive me.

It's time to move on.

1 comment:

John Calica said...

Wow, this post reminds me of one of the more striking lines in the song For Good, from the Wicked Soundtrack which goes:

"...And just to clear the air, I ask forgiveness, for the things I've done you blame me for..."

How are you doing my friend?