Monday, June 18, 2007

Robert de Niro's Waiting

It is 3.27 in the afternoon and I am sitting at my desk feeling rather pleased with myself.

The office is a sleepy dream. But my ears are plugged to my iPod and I'm singing along to The Temptations, My Girl.

I've written a speech, a press release and now I have to edit a website as a way of rounding it all off.

Cool, no?

I want to kidnap my colleague Chris and get him to drive me out and have tea. He's red-eyed and practically comatose from having watched golf all night. I didn't know you could do that; I mean stay up all night to watch GOLF!

Maybe I should get back to work now, hey?

Yeah, maybe.

Robert de Niro's waiting...

talking Italian.


Addendum: OK I managed to get Chris to go out for tea. We actually went to Decanters and had the yummy banana pancakes with caramel syrup. Can I just say, to die for?

I am in a ridiculously good mood today.

I thought I should share it as you usually catch me (or rather, I usually write) when I am a pale shade of azure...haha. A colleague (who glories in the name of King, yeah, no kidding) caught me singing out loud and told me I should be on Malaysian Idol. I grinned at him and winked. So what if he was being a tad sarky. I mean, I actually finished doing the edits I was worrying about.

You know what that means? All three items on my agenda for today, completed, completed, completed.

Now is that a reason to celebrate or what?

(What do you mean, what?)

4 comments:

Nessa said...

It is nice to hear you chipper and happy and glad you are all caught up on work.

Erratic Scribbler said...

this morning after showering, whilst drying me arse with the towel, i did a random, fun little butt-shakin' dance.

i know exactly how you feel.

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo! You rock, girl. Always feels so good to feel so good! (Our family knows that dance that erratic scribbler does, too, but at my age, I try to only do it while fully clothed!)

Jenn said...

Nessa: Chipper, chipper, chipper, chipmunk. I'm not caught up on work though.

Am a busy little vegemite.

ES: I do the butt walk. It's really funny. Jackie, my sister, cannot stand my butt walk.

Jackie: I think you should shed the clothes and butt dance naked...sway from side to side.