Saturday, February 10, 2007

No, I'm not ignoring you; I just don't have my phone!

I left my mobile in JB. Well, it was four in the morning. I had spent a tortuous night watching eight episodes of Supernatural (yeah, I know it's not very good, but it's addictive). And then I decided it was time to take-off for my three-hour drive back to KL. Because, of course that's what anyone would decide under the same circumstances. I took out my phone and placed it next to my pillow in anticipation of a nap. I didn't take that nap.

So, if you've sent me SMS-es or tried to call and think I'm ignoring you on purpose, I'm not.

I'm just Phone-less in Petaling Jaya.

Both inconvenient and liberating.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least you have a computer.

Anonymous said...

Funny how attached we are to our phones. It seems like we can't live life without them. When the truth is, we managed just fine before...

Anonymous said...

Oh, sure, Jenn - I've used that excuse, too! :-) Just kidding! Hope you get your phone back soon. I know what it's like without your 'lifeline'.

John Calica said...

so you guys are mobile phone crazy as well? personally, I never liked the fact that they had become a necessity of some sort. they create more gaps than bridges. but that's just me.

Nessa said...

Jenn: I'm sorry you left your phone behind, but think of all of the messages you'll have when you finally get it back.

Jenn said...

PTB: Indeed!

Susanna: We did. And we had the patience to wait for letters. Nobody was accessible 24/7. Am not sure this is progress.

Jackie: You got me! :) But seriously, I'm lost.

JC: I don't know about crazy. Not crazy exactly...but sort of, like, I mean, it's like when you're missing your front tooth, you know? Noticeable, kinda.

Nessa: Hey! Unfortunately my phone tends to get fed up and stop taking messages after a while. It's kinda temperamental that way.